Happy Meatless Monday guys! Today’s recipe is Creamy Pea Soup – ready in just a few minutes, this soup is rich, creamy and absolutely delicious!
And guess what? My kids actually liked it, well not loved it but they ate their small bowls which made me very pleased. After all, this was green and white soup – a ‘no no’ food colours for my eldest. 🙂
I myself absolutely loved it, especially with some of the homemade croutons I’d made (lots of them actually). They were so fresh, crunchy, with lots of olive oil and spices, just perfect with the soup. To make them simply use some stale bread, chop it up, drizzle generously with olive oil, add some oregano, garlic, basil, thyme and bake in the oven till golden.
It’s been ages since I’ve posted a MM recipe but life’s quite busy right now and I obviously need to improve my organisational skills. 🙂 I’m happy if I manage to post one single recipe weekly at the moment. However, I’m positive I’ll be back to posting 2-3 weekly recipes soon, hopefully. 🙂
So what’s actually in the soup? There’s carrots, potatoes, shallots, garlic, double cream and cheese. Nom, nom, nom.. It’s one of the easiest soups ever (the tastiest one too) so there’s no excuse to not make it. All it’s gonna take is just a few minutes.
It’s delicious for lunch, dinner or why not a starter. For the meat lovers, I’d recommend adding some crispy bacon on top. 🙂 But to be honest it tastes amazing with these lovely golden croutons. It doesn’t feel like it needs anything else. It’s just perfect the way it is – simple but super tasty.
Here’s how to make this Creamy Pea Soup
- 300g frozen peas,
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 potatoes, choppes
- 200g mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- double cream for serving
- croutons for serving
- olive oil
- salt and peppers
- Heat a pot with the olive oil and gently sweat the shallots and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and carrots and cover with water. Leave for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding more water if necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finally add the peas and leave for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the hob, add the cheese, stir well and blend the mixture till a smooth consistency.
- Serve with a drizzle of double cream and some freshly baked croutons.
I hope you guys love this recipe as much as we did. Stay tuned for more quick, easy and tasty recipes coming very soon. xx