Happy Monday guys! Today’s recipe is Turkey Breakfast Burgers – succulent turkey patty , melted Emmental, ripe avocado, roasted red peppers and a fried egg! Mmmmm…It’s just a dream (or it was) 🙂
Seriously, the colder the weather gets, the higher the calories in my recipes are. 🙂 Just joking, not necessarily. But what I mean is, we all get a craving for a nice warm soup/stew, succulent burger/roast or anything comforting that will warm you up. 🙂 Now, that doesn’t mean we eat such comfort food every day, but the truth is I do make them much more often in the Fall/Winter period than Spring/Summer (I believe most of you do too). 🙂
Back to this Turkey Breakfast Burger…
I was actually thinking to add hash browns instead of the avocado and roasted pepper but then I wanted to serve it with sweet potato chips so I scratched that out. Also to put the scale a bit on the healthy side I thought It’d be nice to add some ripe avo and peppers. Do they count as your five-a-day? 🙂 Probably not. 🙂 However, they worked amazing with the fried egg and just completed that Breakfast Burger.
Here’s how to make the Turkey Breakfast Burgers
- 450g turkey mince 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- a bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1tsp cumin
- 1tsp black pepper
- 2tbsp cornmeal
- 1tsp salt
- 4 brioche buns
- 4 Emmental slices
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 2 red roasted peppers, sliced
- 4 fried eggs
- sunflower oil for frying
- 4tbsp mayo
- In a bowl, mix all the burger patties ingredients.
- Heat a pan with some oil and fry them for about 5 minutes on each side. I made mine well done though because of the kids.
- Half the buns, add a spoon of mayo, the patty and cover with the Emmental cheese.
- Melt it in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the roasted peppers, avocado and egg.
- Serve with some sweet potato chips.
The whole thing was very simple to make. I admit, this time I fried the burger patties, instead of grilling or baking them. The reason was that I was in a real hurry and of course, I was sure they’ll turn out very juicy and delicious (as they did). If you ask me though, If you’ve got the time, the best way is to grill them, and the tastiest! I’d definitely recommend that. But again, fried are more than delicious too. 🙂
I hope you guys like this recipe as much as our family did! 🙂 Stay tuned for more tasty and easy recipes, oh and very comforting :-), coming very soon. xx