Happy Wednesday guys! Recipe of the day is Harissa Roasted Chickpeas with Grilled Veggies – a simple but so delicious bowl with lots of flavour and love! 🙂
This time of the year I feel so excited about vegetables! I just love preparing veggie bowls with lots of different vegetables in them and some other goodies, of course. What I’m trying to say is that Summer, for me, equals lots of salads and veggie bowls. 🙂
This one particular was one of these ‘clean my fridge meals’. I used some leftovers I had and vegetables that were about to go off. It turned out quite yummy. Apart from the chickpeas, I added some grilled eggplant, grilled peppers, feta cheese, some wholemeal pita bread and a generous serving of my homemade sun-dried tomato pesto. The pesto is super simple to make – just blitz together sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, basil, olive oil and Parmesan, if you’d like (I didn’t use any Parmesan this time). Season with salt and lemon juice and enjoy! Yum! It was quite a lot, to be honest, but I saved some for the next day. 🙂
Also, you can easily make some wraps using the ingredients from the bowl, apart from the pita bread of course. Thy will make a healthy and delicious lunch. 🙂
This recipe is perfect for using up your leftover veggies from your bbq. Just add some feta cheese, chickpeas and this yummy pesto and you’ve got yourself a lovely lunch. 🙂
The chickpeas are cooked with a few spoons of harissa paste. They were absolutely delicious but I was a bit disappointed. I expected them to be quite hot but they turned out just a tiny bit spicy. Next time I should probably use the whole jar. 🙂
Here’s how to make the Harissa Roasted Chickpeas with Grilled Veggies bowl
- 200g chickpeas, roasted
- 2tbsp harissa paste
- 1 eggplant, sliced and grilled
- 2 peppers, grilled
- 1 wholemeal pita bread, cut into pieces
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- For the sun-dried tomato pesto"
- 7-8 sun-dried tomatoes
- 7-8 basil leaves
- 50g pine nuts
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp olive oil
- You can easily use tinned chickpeas and then gently cook them with the harissa paste for a few minutes. Or roast your chickpeas with some harissa paste. Make sure to stir them occasionally though.
- To make the pesto - simply blitz the ingredients together.
- To arrange the bowl - add the chickpeas, sliced eggplant and peppers, pita chips, some crumbled feta cheese and a spoon of the sun-dried tomato pesto.
I hope you guys like this recipe. Stay tuned for more Summer inspired ones very soon. xx