Happy Tuesday guys! Today’s recipe is Tuna Pasta Casserole – very simple and yet delicious dish!
It uses a few basic ingredients which I’m sure most of you can find in the kitchen cupboard – tinned tuna, pasta, cheese. There’s also peppers & mushrooms and that’s pretty much it. I used whole wheat pasta, in case you wonder and topped the whole dish with some homemade buttery breadcrumbs with more cheese, of course. If wished, add some more Parmesan cheese when serving. Who wouldn’t like some extra cheese? I know I wouldn’t mind at all. 🙂
A quick tip – if you’d rather have an even creamier pasta dish go for double cream instead of the milk.
I have seen the original recipe in one of my cooking books but I’ve changed a few things so it’s not a complete copycat. 🙂 It’s more like a version of it, my version. 🙂
This Pasta dish is just perfect as a dinner during the week. It literally takes minutes to cook, say about 20 in the oven and about 10 on the hob, so in roughly half an hour you’ve got rich, comforting and absolutely delicious Tuna Pasta Casserole.
You might want to serve it with some extra greens to compensate the extra cheesy bit. I love having pasta with a side of fresh green salad with cherry tomato with a dash of extra virgin olive oil and seasoning. But this is me. My kids prefer steamed broccoli or green beans which I’m happy to make, of course. 🙂
Here’s how to make the Tuna Pasta Casserole
- 2 tins of tuna, drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5-6 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 200g whole wheat pasta, cooked
- 200g mild Cheddar
- 200ml milk
- 3-4tbsp golden breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- a handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat a casserole with some olive oil and gently sweat the garlic, pepper & mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the milk and add the tuna, pasta and cheese for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the hob, sprinkle fresh parsley, top up with breadcrumbs and more cheese and cook in the oven for about 20 minutes.
I hope you guys like the recipe as much as we did. Stay tuned for more simple and very tasty meals that your family wold love coming very soon! I’m back to cooking Chicken Kiev with mash which I hope to put on the blog next week, if everything goes by plan. 🙂