Happy Tuesday Guys! Today’s recipe is Bulgur Wheat Stuffed Peppers – simple and delicious family favourite, ready in just a few minutes!
I love stuffed peppers and I stuff them with lots of different stuff. 🙂 The smell of roasted peppers is amazing and so appetizing, at least to me. 🙂 Actually, one of my most popular recipe is the Breakfast Stuffed Peppers with eggs, cheese & bacon. You can find the link below. However I haven’t tried this particular recipe before – bulgur wheat in sweet tomato sauce and a bit of pork and beef mince meat and lots of spices. Seriously delicious and the kids approved it too. And it’s so simple to make, especially good on a busy weekday.
Bulgur wheat is another family favourite of ours but it seems I haven’t made anything with it recently. I think the last time was about a month ago. You can find quite a few bulgur wheat recipes on my site which are healthy, tasty and very simple to make.
Here’s a list of our family favourite Stuffed Pepper Recipes. I think that’s all I’ve posted on my site actually.
These might seem quite similar but they’re actually different in flavour so I recommend trying them all. There are meat free options, some breakfast options and some more filling options for the meat lovers. 🙂 But they’re delicious no matter when you choose to have them – for breakfast, lunch or dinner or even in between. 🙂
And here’s how to make the Bulgur Wheat Stuffed Peppers
- 2 large peppers (I used red and yellow), deseeded and cut in halved
- 150g bulgur wheat, cooked
- 200ml passata
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 300g beef and pork mince
- 1tsp cumin
- 1tbsp thyme
- 1tbsp paprika
- 1tbsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh parsley for serving, if wished
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat a pan and gently sautee the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes. Add the carrots, meat and tomato sauce.
- Season with the spices and sugar and keep stirring the mixture. Leave for about 10 minutes and stir in the bulgur wheat. Keep it for another 5 minutes and remove from the hob.
- Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle some fresh parsley when serving.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as we did. Stay tuned for more tasty recipes that are quick and easy to make. xx