Happy Sunday all! If you’re still debating on what to make for supper, here’s an easy and tasty idea – Spaghetti Squash with lots of Parmesan Cheese and Mushrooms and Spinach!
For some reason, I’ve been using lots of Parmesan cheese lately. Not only I use it with pasta, but it seems I sprinkle it on almost everything. But it just tastes good, and it tastes good on almost everything 🙂
I hope you all had a great weekend and are getting ready to start the week ahead. Or not really 🙂 The point is you need delicious and heart-warming food to make you feel good and warm and to get you ready for Monday. This is where you’re checking my daily recipe 🙂 Just joking. Seriously though, it’s a quick recipe but will definitely warm you up and make you feel better, or at least not hungry 🙂
It’s incredibly easy recipe, and really comforting. I was quite generous on the cheese, but this is how I like my spaghetti squash 🙂
The easiest way to make them is to roast the squash and then kind of shred it with a fork so you get your ‘spaghetti’. Skipping the shredding part and you’ll make a beautiful stuffed squash. Not big of a difference really. It’s just when making spaghetti squash, the actual squash is mixed with the other ingredients, whilst a stuffed squash, the ingredients are on top and you get the tasty squash hidden underneath. 🙂 Here you can check my Sautéed Mushrooms & Millet Stuffed Butternut Squash recipe. It is simple and delicious! And for those of you unfamiliar with millet, it’s similar to quinoa and couscous, may be just a bit creamier consistency. And as quinoa, millet’s got numerous health benefits so combined with a butternut squash it is a nutrient and healthy meal.
Here’s what you need for the Spaghetti Squash.
- 1 butternut squash
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 100g spinach
- 150g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash the squash, cut in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and lay on a baking tray. Place in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the squash is cooked.
- Start shredding the squash by using a fork.
- Heat a pan with olive oil and gently sweat the spinach, mushrooms & garlic. Season with salt and pepper and leave for about 10 minutes. Remove from the hob.
- Fill in the squashes, mixing gently all the ingredients. Add the Parmesan cheese on top and cook in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
Tip: If you prefer, you can scoop out the spaghetti squash and serve them in a plate but I personally love them in their squash! Plus it looks more authentic, doesn’t it? 🙂
Also make sure you eat these straight from the oven. They must be piping hot so you can fully enjoy them, and the melted cheese, of course. 🙂 You can always preheat them but it’s not the same taste.