I’ve been discovering and rediscovering lots of grains and pulses recently.
One of my favourite is the super food quinoa.
I haven’t really used it before but now I am absolutely loving it.
The salad I made is quite filling so you can actually have it as a main – perfect for a light lunch!
There are so many goodies in there – avocado, tomato, eggs, feta cheese and olives so it is super nutritious and gives you lots of energy.
Here are the ingredients.
- 300g/10oz quinoa
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 150g/5oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 100g/3.5oz black olives
|Mummy’s Fast & Easy|
For the dressing:
- 2-3tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
- To prepare the quinoa – follow the instructions on the back of the pack. It usually needs to be rinsed first, covered with water and boiled for about 20 minutes. But to be on the safe side, always check the instructions.
- When the quinoa is ready, remove from the hob and leave on a side to cool down.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the salad ingredients.
- Add the quinoa and mix well.
- Pour over the dressing and mix thoroughly.
Tip: Season with some chopped fresh parsley!