Today’s recipe is a beautiful winter salad with cauliflower, broccoli, courgettes, carrots and leek.
|Mummy’s Fast & Easy|
All you have to do is steam the broccoli and courgettes for a few minutes and prepare the dressing.
You’re gonna need some Dijon mustard, lemon and pure honey.
I love the strong flavour of the mustard combined with the honey.
I use this a lot, not only for salad dressing but also to glaze meat, it is quite tasty on chicken.
Here’s what you need for this winter salad.
- 400g cauliflower, broken into florets
- 200g broccoli, steamed and broken into florets
- 2 small courgettes, steamed and cut into cubes
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
For the dressing:
- 2tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2tbsp pure honey
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- In a salad bowl, place all the veggies. Make sure the broccoli an courgettes are not warm.
- To prepare the dressing – in a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the veggies.
- Mix the salad gently and serve.
|Mummy’s Fast & Easy
Tip: If the Dijon muster is too strong for you, put less, or add more honey.