Happy Friday guys! The recipe of the day is here – Spinach Pumpkin Cups with cheese centre! And the weekend is coming too! Wow! Have you got any plans? Now that I’ve done my Christmas shopping, I can relax. I’ve got lots of cooking planned, hopefully will manage to do half of it. But, yes, lots of new festive and not so festive recipes coming so stay tuned. All of them will be simple, easy and super delicious, I promise. 🙂
I can’t believe I’m actually writing my third post this week! Woohooo, go me! 🙂 As I shared in my previous posts, that was what I was aiming for – three tasty recipes per week. It’s been two posts so far but slowly, I think I’ll be able to share three recipes. And, don’t get me wrong, I’ve got plenty of recipes, but the biggest problem is to find the time! Well, I suppose I need to be more organised, and I’ll always find time, or at least most of the time. 🙂
This recipe is similar to my Spinach Cups recipe but there’s a yummy pumpkin layer. It’s basically two-layer muffin or cup. I don’t really know how I came up with the idea to combine pumpkin and spinach. I just had some spinach and leftover pumpkin so I had to make something up. Overall, these cups are quite sweet, because of the pumpkin. Not like dessert sweet. They’re savoury but they’ve got sweetness, if that makes sense at all. 🙂
You know how the spinach taste a bit bland, so to make these Spinach Pumpkin Cups more appetizing I added a piece pf cheese between the layers. Oh, and pumpkin seeds to for a crunchiness. 🙂 These are delicious to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner, on their own or as a side. Or why not have them with a bit of butter. That might be a bit naughty but will definitely be super tasty. It’s the perfect Meatless Monday recipe. It seems, I’m posting meat free recipes on any day but not Monday. 🙂 Really have to change that.
Here’s what you need for these pretty Spinach Pumpkin Cups.
- 150g spinach, cooked and pureed
- 100g pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 200g flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1 cup yogurt
- 50g butter
- 1tsp salt
- 100g pumpkin seeds
- 100g mild Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, half of the butter, 1 egg, half of the yogurt and 1 tsp baking powder. Mix well and add half of the pumpkin seeds.
- In a second bowl, combine the pumpkin and the rest of the ingredients apart from the cheese. Mix well.
- Grease a muffin tray and pour from the spinach mixture halfway. Add a chunk of the cheese and finish with the pumpkin mixture.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until ready.
Tip: These cups are delicious snack and perfect to have them on the go. They’re light and filling and look really pretty, don’t you think? 😉