Happy Thursday guys! The recipe of the day is Stuffed Celeriac with Pork. It’s incredible easy and delicious, perfect for the winter nights. And it only uses a few ingredients but lots of spices to make you feel warm. 🙂
Have you done your Christmas shopping yet or just starting out? Or maybe haven’t thought about it yet. I believe I’m done, hopefully. Not that I don’t enjoy it, Christmas is my favourite time of the year but all that choosing a gift that your loved ones will love and that’s within your budget, it’s quite stressful. I find it very stressful actually. Now that is over, I just hope everyone will be happy with their gifts from Santa. 🙂
Back to the recipe now. 🙂 I admit, I haven’t really used celeriac much, I’ve tried salads and soups with it but never stuffed it. It’s got really specific flavour, very aromatic and I think it really complemented the pork. I also added a generous amount of Parmesan cheese on top for a crispy cheesy finish. 🙂 Really good stuff, I definitely recommend it.
To be honest though, my little one was not that keen on the celeriac. She didn’t mind the pork but I guess this specific flavour wasn’t really her type. 🙂 It seems that’s the case with lot’s of ingredients these days. She’s getting fussier by the day. I really hope that’s because of the age because I’m really running out of option what to prepare for her so she could happily eat it. Apart from the all time favourite chicken nuggets, chips and pizza. 🙂 These are always winners but I can’t offer them everyday. Anyway, I’m not giving up, I try various recipes everyday and try to convince her to at least have a bite. Do you have the same problem?:-)
And here’s what you need for the Stuffed Celeriac.
- 1 celeriac, cut in halves
- 200g pork, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 150g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1tsp Garam Masala
- 2tsp paprika
- 1tsp cumin
- 1tsp thyme
- a handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Drizzle the celeriac halves with some olive oil and place in the oven for about 30 minutes until soft.
- Remove from the oven and when cooled, scoop out the celeriac so you can stuff it with the pork. Chop the celeriac that was scooped out.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan with the olive oil and gently sweat the onions, celeriac and carrots for 5 minutes.
- Add the pork, season with the spices, mix well and leave to cook for about 15 minutes or until ready. Make sure to stir occasionally.
- Fill the celeriac halves with the pork mixture, sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and place in the oven for about 15 minutes so the cheese is crispy and golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Tip: Why not serve with some rice or quinoa?