Happy Wednesday guys! Today’s recipe is Hasselback Butternut Squash Mexican Style – a lovely vegetarian recipe that is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
This is a simple recipe but yet so delicious. This succulent Squash is literally bursting with flavors – it’s topped with freshly made guacamole, black beans, sweet red peppers and sour cream. I served this gorgeous Squash with some warmed up tortilla wraps and guess what happened – amazing Squash wraps. I personally had it on its own, just with a generous amount of the toppings so it was a bit like a salad or I’d like to think so. 🙂 No matter what, this is seriously delicious. And it’s on the healthy side too, so why not have a few extra servings. 🙂
Here’s how to make the Hasselback Butternut Squash Mexican Style
- 1 small butternut squash, 'hasselback' cut
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 150g black beans, cooked or from a tin
- sour cream for serving
- For the guacamole:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- salt to taste
- a bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the Squash on a baking tray and cook in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the guacamole - mash the avocado and simply mix all the ingredients together.
- Serve the Butternut Squash topped up with the guacamole, sour cream, red peppers and black beans. Add some tortilla wraps for tasty Squash burritos.
Why Hasselback? Well, by cutting the Squash that way it cooked really well and quickly and I could easily stuff it with the toppings I fancies. Also it looks pretty cool, don’t you think? 🙂 Do you know that the brighter the food is, the healthier it is, so make sure to stock up on some Squash/Pumpkin this Fall. I’ve got quite a few Pumpkin/Squash recipes which you can check here:
OK, I’ll stop here ’cause the list goes on and on..But I’ll do a nice round-up with my tasty Pumpkin/Squash recipes, hopefully next week, so you could pick the one recipe you fancy and try it at home. I promise, they’re very simple and tasty. 🙂
I hope you guys like this recipe. Stay tuned for more delicious recipes that are simple to make! I’m going back to cooking and eating, not necessarily in that order! 🙂 xx