Happy almost Friday guys! Today’s recipe is Pizza Muffins! I’m so excited to share this recipe with you, you may have or have not tried making pizza muffins before, but believe me you should try these! They are so delicious and yet so simple to make! And my preschool daughter loves them and wants them in her lunchbox all the time! What a success! 🙂
OK, so first of all my excitement comes from the fact that I haven’t tried these before and in general was really excited to make pizza like muffins or the other way around, not really sure. 🙂 I used cornflour and plain flour(half and half), some passata, chopped ripe tomatoes, lots of Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan and a bit of mild Cheddar, and one green pepper. Oh, of course and the pepperoni.
The taste guys was amazing, exactly like pizza, like a really good pizza(the best probably). My daughter instantly loved them! 🙂 I really can’t wait to try some other versions, vegetarian probably and share them with you.
The Pizza Muffins are great on the go, for picnic, snack at any time or as an appetizer. There’s a bit of a downside, they’re not really on the very healthy side but I say everything in moderation is ok. 🙂 I’d like to think so. 🙂
If you prefer a vegetarian version, simply skip the pepperoni. I assure these will taste as good as with the pepperoni, more like cheese & tomato pizza, which by the way is my favorite. I mean, what could go wrong with cheese & tomato pizza? Well, there’s probably something but that’s another topic. 🙂
Here’s how to make these pretty Pizza Muffins
- 120g cornflour
- 120g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 100ml yogurt
- 100ml passata
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 150g g Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 50g mild Cheddar, grated
- about 20 pepperoni slices
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp thyme
- 5-6 basil leaves
- 1tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and gradually start adding the wet - eggs, yogurt, oil, passata. Mix the mixture well and stir in the chopped tomato and pepper and the basil leaves.
- Gently add the cheese. Pour the mixture into a greased muffin tray. Arrange the pepperoni slices - one on top and a few on the sides.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until ready.
I hope you guys like this recipe as much as I do! Stay tuned for more yummy recipes that are quick and very simple to make coming very soon! xx