Happy Sunday guys! Recipe of the day is Delicious One Pot Lasagna – scrumptious one pot deliciousness loaded with cheese and tasty tomato sauce.
I’ve recently got a new cast iron casserole and I’ve been making lots of one pot dishes and casserole. I’m kind of addicted to it but it’s so much better than my previous ones in every single way – better quality and better looking. And the colour as you can see feels so Christmassy (at least to me 😆 ) i honestly can’t leave it. And the food prepared in this cast iron casserole is simply gorgeous. Not only it’s super easy to make a meal – literally throwing ingredients and then leave it to the oven, but it tastes amazing, I think it’s got something to do with the way the heat is spreading. Anyway, this is not a paid advertising as it may look 😂 I just wanted to let you know how happy I feel about my new cast iron casserole. So let’s move to the recipe now..
This is the ultimate comfort food for me, just perfect for this weather, layers of cheese, tasty tomato sauce and mince meat. Simply add some fresh garlic bread when serving and enjoy! I used Mozzarella, Parmesan and Mascarpone but you can use anything you fancy really as long as it’s sweet and mild. I was actually thinking to dip my tortilla cheese in it but didn’t have any so that’s something I’d definitely try next time I’m making this deliciousness. I’m sure it’ll be super tasty. What do you reckon? 🙂
Here’s how to make the Delicious One Pot Lasagna
Delicious One Pot Lasagna
- 1kg mince meat(beef & pork)
- 800ml passta
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- lasagna sheets
- 200g Mozzarella, grated
- 500g Mascarpone
- 200g Parmesan, grated
- 1tbsp cumin
- 1tbsp oregano
- 1tbsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Sweat the onion and garlic for a few minutes. Add the celery, mince meat and seasoning. Stir well, pour in the passata and leave for about15 minutes.
- Remove from the hob. Start arranging the lasagna, start with the mince meat mixture, add some lasagna sheets, then a layer of the Mozzarella, Parmesan and Mascarpone cheese. Repeat.
- Place in the oven and cook for about an hour. Serve with some garlic bread.
I hope you guys like this recipe as much as we did. Stay tuned for more quick, easy and tasty recipes coming very soon. Meanwhile, stay warm and treat yourself with some delicious food. xx
Happy Tuesday guys! Today’s recipe is Tuna Pasta Casserole – very simple and yet delicious dish!
It uses a few basic ingredients which I’m sure most of you can find in the kitchen cupboard – tinned tuna, pasta, cheese. There’s also peppers & mushrooms and that’s pretty much it. I used whole wheat pasta, in case you wonder and topped the whole dish with some homemade buttery breadcrumbs with more cheese, of course. If wished, add some more Parmesan cheese when serving. Who wouldn’t like some extra cheese? I know I wouldn’t mind at all. 🙂
A quick tip – if you’d rather have an even creamier pasta dish go for double cream instead of the milk.
I have seen the original recipe in one of my cooking books but I’ve changed a few things so it’s not a complete copycat. 🙂 It’s more like a version of it, my version. 🙂
This Pasta dish is just perfect as a dinner during the week. It literally takes minutes to cook, say about 20 in the oven and about 10 on the hob, so in roughly half an hour you’ve got rich, comforting and absolutely delicious Tuna Pasta Casserole.
You might want to serve it with some extra greens to compensate the extra cheesy bit. I love having pasta with a side of fresh green salad with cherry tomato with a dash of extra virgin olive oil and seasoning. But this is me. My kids prefer steamed broccoli or green beans which I’m happy to make, of course. 🙂
Here’s how to make the Tuna Pasta Casserole
- 2 tins of tuna, drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5-6 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 200g whole wheat pasta, cooked
- 200g mild Cheddar
- 200ml milk
- 3-4tbsp golden breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- a handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat a casserole with some olive oil and gently sweat the garlic, pepper & mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the milk and add the tuna, pasta and cheese for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the hob, sprinkle fresh parsley, top up with breadcrumbs and more cheese and cook in the oven for about 20 minutes.
I hope you guys like the recipe as much as we did. Stay tuned for more simple and very tasty meals that your family wold love coming very soon! I’m back to cooking Chicken Kiev with mash which I hope to put on the blog next week, if everything goes by plan. 🙂
Happy Thursday guys! Today’s recipe is Kale & Smoked Salmon Pasta – comforting, simple and perfect for a busy weekday dinner!
Before my daughter started reception I thought I’d have a few spare hour a day. But it turned out I’m actually busier than I was when she was at nursery. I only got one and a half hour when the little one is napping. Then I have to wake her up and go collect her sister. So, yes, no time really but I try to work with whatever I have. 🙂 This is why it’s essential to cook quick, easy but tasty food too, especially during the week when we’re rushing all the time. Not that the weekends are calmer. Both kids have activities on Saturday and Sunday, so yes, there’s always something. But at least during the weekend I can spend some more time in my tiny kitchen and test and create some yummy stuff. 🙂
This Kale & Smoked Salmon Pasta is one of these quick, easy and tasty recipes. I even used the Roasted Kale & Feta Cheese Dip so it was even easier than I thought. All I had to do was to boil the pasta. The kids are not very fond of kale, but they thought this was just pesto and I didn’t bother to tell them that it actually was my kale dip that they didn’t really fancy. 🙂
I should probably title this Leftover Pasta as it appears I’m using leftovers again – my Kale Dip and some Smoked Salmon but as you now know that let’s focus on the recipe..:-)
Here’s how to make the Kale & Smoked Salmon Pasta
Kale & Smoked Salmon Pasta
- 250g pasta(your choice), cooked
- 150g smoked salmon, shredded
- 150g Roasted Kale & Feta Cheese Dip(recipe is on the blog)
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Drizzle the olive oil over the cooked pasta and mix well.
- Add the Roasted Kale & Feta Cheese Dip and mix thoroughly.
- Add the shredded smoked salmon, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with some grated Parmesan cheese.
I hope you guys like this pasta recipe. Stay tuned for another recipe coming very soon your way. And yes, it’ll be quick, easy and very tasty, I promise. xx