Happy Meatless Monday guys! Today’s recipe is Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus with Homemade Pita Chips – quick, easy, healthy and super delicious. Seriously, hummus made of sun-dried tomatoes? Yes, please! And pita chips? Why not 😉
As I mentioned in my previous post, I love sun-dried tomatoes and I always make sure I’ve got a jar of them in my kitchen cupboard.
I’ve been meaning to make this hummus for a long time. I’ve wanted to try a sun-dried tomato dip, so why not make a hummus then, right?
This was really simple – chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon, salt and of course the sun-dried tomatoes.
To go with it I had some wholemeal pita chips. They were perfectly crunchy and just couldn’t imagine this lovely dip with anything else.
I really should start making the pita chips more often, they are tastier, and I bet healthier than the shop-bought ones. All you need is pita bread, cut into chips. A bit of olive oil and some spices you fancy then 5-10 minutes in the oven and you’ve got a great movie snack! 🙂
Here’s how to make the Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus with Homemade Pita Chips
- 200g sun-dried tomatoes
- 200g chickpeas
- 2tbsp tahini paste
- 1 garlic clove, roasted
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 3tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- For the Wholemeal Pita Chips:
- 4-5 pita breads, cut into chips
- 1tsp dry parsley
- 1tsp dry thyme
- 1tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- To make the hummus - simply blitz all the ingredients in a bowl until a smooth consistency. Add as much water as you'd like, for a thick consistency, less and if you prefer the opposite, add more.
- For the pita chips - preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the chips in a bowl, drizzle with the olive oil, add the spices and season with salt. Mix well. Arrange the chips on a baking tray covered with parchment. Bake in the oven for about 5 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve with the Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus.
I’m so glad I still have leftovers form this amazing hummus, this is probably what I’ll get for lunch. Way too many Easter Eggs were eaten and we need some lighter and healthier options right now. 🙂 Not only Easter eggs to be honest, but that’s another topic. 🙂
I hope you like this recipe and enjoying your Easter holiday. Unfortunately, a few hours left but hey, this week’s only four days! 🙂
Stay tuned for more fast, easy and tasty recipes…