Happy Wednesday guys! Today’s recipe is Simple Kung Pao Chicken – super quick and easy to make and so much better than your takeaway, I promise!
Ok, so let’s be honest, I’ve been quite behind for the last couple of weeks. I’ve barely completed my weekly tasks (I’ve got quite a few of them, as we all do) and on top of that I feel so tired. Was it the half-term? Not sure. Luckily I’m starting to pick my tasks and feel a bit more energised so should be back to normal soon. This was me complaining. Better get back to the recipe cause I’ll completely lose the focus of this post. 😃
I’ve been really into Chinese recently. We’ve had a few lazy nights when we ordered from our local Chinese shop(which by the way is delicious) and I was all about making Chinese at home. One of the recipes I recreated at home was this Simple Kung Pao Chicken. I also love the sticky Chinese ribs which I’m hoping to share with you next week.
The whole family loved the kung pao chicken. I served it with rice and some veggies. However, I usually have to make two separate pots – one for grown-ups and the other one for the kiddos. They have tasted some slightly spiced stuff but this chicken was too much for them. It was on fire!🔥 I loved it though. It really warmed me up.
All you need is chicken, peanuts (although i used cashews ), fresh chillies, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic & ginger – really simple but so tasty. You can also serve it with noodles.
Here’s how to make the Simple Kung Pao Chicken
- 400g chicken, cut in chunks
- 100g peanuts
- 2 chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 spring onion, chopped
- For the marinade:
- 100ml dark soy sauce
- 2tbsp rice vinegar
- 2tbsp honey
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tbsp ginger
- salt to taste
- toasted sesame oil for frying
- rice for serving
- Marinade the chicken and leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan with the sesame oil and start cooking the chicken. Leave for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peanuts, chilles & spring onion. Mix well and cook for anther 10 minutes.
- Serve with some rice and fresh lime wedges.
I hope you guys like this recipe. Stay tuned for more tasty recipes coming very soon. Meanwhile, stay warm and well nourished. 😘 xx
Happy Wednesday all! Recipe of the day is Sun-dried Tomatoes Pork Cups – succulent meat cups with scrambled eggs with feta cheese and sun-dried tomatoes – lovely breakfast idea or just a snack on the go!
It’s been a whole week without posting! It seems every time I try to be more organised and post regularly something gets on a way. And it’s usually something to do with the kids. In this case, it was chickenpox. At lest now it’s over though. Both of my kids had it, two weeks apart and while my older daughter was really lucky and barely had any blisters, my poor baby had it really bad. But again, I’m so glad it’s over now. Easter is coming so are my new recipes so stay tuned…
And the weather’s been amazing recently! It makes me think of some yummy Spring-inspired recipes. So lots of cooking planned ahead!
Anyhow, the recipe is here now so back to it…
This is and incredibly easy recipe made in a muffin tray. All you need is minced pork, sun-dried tomatoes and eggs and feta cheese. If you’re looking for a filling breakfast ideas this is for you. It’s cheesy, meaty and conveniently shaped in small cups ready to bite. 🙂
I had some pork mince leftovers and wanted to make some scotch eggs which I love but then I thought my kids are not keen on them so instead I made these pretty cups.
I’ve been using lots of sun-dried tomatoes lately and they go so well in my savoury recipes. Whenever I’d like to add more flavour to a meal I open my kitchen cupboard and ,especially recently, reach towards the sun-dried tomatoes. That’s why I always have a jar of these in my kitchen cupboard. 🙂
Here’s how to make the Sun-dried Tomatoes Pork Cups.
Sun-dried Tomatoes Pork Cups
- 300g pork mince
- 1 egg
- 2tbsp breadcrumbs
- 7-8 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1tsp cumin
- 1tsp pepper
- salt to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl, combine the pork, egg, breadcrumbs and seasoning. Add a handful of fresh parsley and mix well.
- Grease a muffin tray and shape the mixture in small balls. Arrange them on the tray and press with your fingers to make a hole(so you can fill them in with the eggs mixture).
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the egg mixture - in a bowl, simply mix the eggs, cheese and sun-dried tomatoes together.
- Fill the pork cups wit the mixture and place back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until ready.
Hope you enjoy this quick and easy recipe! For more recipe ideas check out my page!