Happy Wednesday guys! Today’s recipe is Figs & Goat’s Cheese Galette – sweet and sour, the combination of ripe figs, goat’s cheese, buttery galette and a bit of honey is just perfect!
As you may know I love galettes and I’ve made quite a few different versions, most of them (if not all) savoury ones. So it was time to make a sweeter version of this amazing buttery beauties. I had these ripe figs and all I could think about was figs and goat’s cheese. I got myself some goat’s cheese and I decided I wanted a galette with figs. The rest of it you can see on the photos. 🙂
The recipe is very simple. The only thing you need to do is the dough for the galette. You’ll only need flour, butter and yogurt, simple as that. I had the Figs & Goat’s Cheese Galette with some honey for a kick of sweetness. And this would especially help when the gigs are not so sweet (and they’re usually not, but are still delicious) :-).
By the way, I’ve also made a Fig Tart that is very similar to the galette. It was a great success so if you’d like, you can find the recipe here:
I feel a bit sad that Summer is almost gone but at the same time so inspired. I’ve got so many ideas for yummy recipes with seasonal fruit and veg that I can’t wait to try them out. I probably need to start jotting them down, they’re so many. Well, to be honest, that’s the case every time the seasons change but hey, I’m a foodie and I get excited about food. 🙂 I hope you do too. 🙂
Here’s how to make the Figs & Goat’s Cheese Galette
- 300g flour
- 150g butter, melted
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1tsp salt
- 7-8 ripe figs, cut in halves
- 150g goats cheese
- 100g cream cheese
- honey for serving
- In a bowl combine the flour, butter and yogurt. Add a bit of salt and start making the dough. Cover with a cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the figs in halves.
- Roll out the dough and make a circle thick about 1cm. Make sure to leave about 2-3 finger at the edges so you can close the galette.
- Spread the cream cheese and add the goat's cheese on top evenly.
- Arrange the figs and place in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with some honey.
For more delicious Galette recipes check out the links below.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe. Stay tuned for more seasonal recipes coming very soon. And I promise they’re all quick, easy and very tasty. 🙂