Happy Friday! Today’s recipe is Stuffed Zucchini – one of my favourite stuffed zucchini recipes – there’s pork and beef mince, spices, fresh herbs and of course, melted cheese. 🙂
I absolutely love zucchini in every way possible. For some reason, I do make lots of zucchini recipes this time of the year ( I guess because they’re in season, duh). Grilled, steamed, fried or even raw they are just delicious.
And in this particular recipe, they’re simply amazing. I stuffed them with beef and pork mince that was flavoured with some garlic, tomato and spices. Then added some cheese on top for a perfect finish. They tasted so fresh and yummy so no wonder they were gone in a few minutes.
Also, this recipe is perfect for when you’re quite busy and don’t have that much time to spend in the kitchen. In my case, it took me just a few minutes as I used the meat from a pasta recipe I had made the previous day. Basically, the only thing I did was to fill the zucchini with the mixture and cook them. How not to love recipes like these – they save you so much time but at the same time are so tasty! 🙂
Here’s how to make the Beef & Pork Stuffed Zucchini
- 2-3 zucchini (courgettes)
- 300g beef and pork mince meat (mixed)
- 150g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2tbsp tomato passata
- 1tsp cumin
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1tbsp olive oil
- a bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the zucchini in halves and scoop out the inside part, then chopped it up.
- Heat a pan with olive oil and sweat the garlic, onion and the inside part of the zucchini for five minutes. Add the minced meat, passata and seasonings and mix well. Cook for about 10 minutes then leave on a side to cool down.
- Fill the zucchini halves with the mixture and place in the oven for about 15 minutes. Add the cheese and leave for another 2-3 minutes so the cheese can melt.
- Serve with some extra parsley on top.
For more Zucchini recipes check here:
I hope you guys like this recipe, if so, make sure to stay tuned for more simple but tasty recipes coming very soon your way! 🙂 Till then, have a wonderful weekend with delicious food and drinks! That’s what I intend to do! 🙂 xx