Happy Tuesday ally! Today’s recipe – Three Cheese Savoury Muffins or should I say bread – is simply amazing.
I can’t tell you how delicious these cheesy buns turned! Yum, yum, yum…
The cheese literally exploded, imagine how much was in there. If you are cheese lover like me you’d love these, no doubt. There’s Parmesan cheese, Mozzarella & Feta. And the recipe is actually quite easy. I saw a similar recipe on the web and I really liked the idea, I haven’t used the same ingredients though, I kind of made my own muffins/buns. Really not sure how to call them – they’re baked in a muffin tray so that’s why I called them muffins but on the other side are like bread/buns. Anyhow, you get the point. And it is that they’re super delicious.
I had barely finished taking photos of these beauties and they were all gone. 🙂 Well, I helped too. In fact, I did a really good job finishing three of these Three Cheese Savoury Muffins. 🙂
Here’s how to make Three Cheese Savoury Muffins.
- 400g flour
- 1 sachet(7g) yeast
- 1tsp salt
- 300ml milk
- 50g butter
- 200g Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 100g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 100g Feta Cheese, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- extra butter for baking
- chopped parsley for sprinkling
- In a bowl, combine the flour, yeast, salt and milk. Work the dough, place in a bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave for about 30 minutes to rise. If necessary add more milk.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Divide the dough into 7-8 equal parts.
- Roll each out in oval shape and sprinkle a mixture of the cheese on half of it. Start wrapping and halfway through make a few cuts with a knife. Finish wrapping the bun so you have something like a wrap.
- Now make a ring and place in a greased with butter muffin tray.
- Repeat with the rest of the muffins.
- Brush the muffins with the egg yolk and then sprinkle with the parsley.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until ready.
The dough is made of flour, yeast and milk. I should say, I am not that good in making dough for bread but this was really simple and turned out delicious. All you need to do is to combine the ingredients, work the dough and then wait for it to rise.
This is another delicious recipe using muffin tray. It makes me think I actually need to change mine, it’s been a good few years of use. In fact, I need a whole lots of baking equipment. Can’t wait to pick up some new and exciting stuff soon.
I used dry parsley again. As I Mentioned in my previous post I’ve been using it very often. It’s all chopped up for you and ready to use. Plus, you’re not gonna need to worry how to store it for longer. On the other side though, fresh is best. 🙂 But this is what works for me at the moment.
The Three Cheese Savoury Muffins would be ideal snack for picnic. They really got me thinking about spring, sun and picnics. My daughter absolutely loves having picnics, so as my whole family and I can’t wait for the weather to get warm and sunny so we can enjoy a nice day out.
I should probably make a double batch of these then. 🙂
They are perfect for sharing, as a side, as a snack, just one of these get together recipes. Make sure to have them when they’re nice and warm and the cheese is melted. Nothing better than a melted three cheese bun. Nom, nom, nom. 🙂