Happy Saturday all! Today’s recipe is Mocha Christmas Tree Muffins – and let the festive season begins! 😀
As you can see these Mocha Christmas Tree Muffins are loaded with chocolate, like lots of it so that’s enough of a good reason for me to make them this festive season. They’re one of the simplest muffins I’ve ever made. It only takes 15 minutes for them to cook. I think it actually takes more time to make them look like Christmas trees. I used some desiccated coconut hoping to make them look like snowy Christmas trees. 🙂
It’s a great way t get your kids involved and leave them to decorate the muffins. They probably won’t look like Christmas trees at the end but that’s ok. 😀 This reminds me, I should make some Christmas cookies as my kids love decorating them.
No matter how healthy we’re trying to be, it’s this time of the year again and there’s always something sweet and naughty to try so that’s a tricky task. Seriously, what’s Christmas without some indulgent food (ok, probably too much of it). But hey, there’s January, it’s usually when people make their New Year’s resolutions so it’s a good time to get back in shape. 🙂 Till then, let’s just try to find a healthy balance.
Here’s how to make the Mocha Christmas Tree Muffins
- 100g flour
- 100g sugar
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 300g hazelnut chocolate spread
- 300g cream cheese
- 2tbsp instant coffee
- 1tsp baking powder
- desiccated coconut for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and sugar. Add the flour, baking powder and oil. Mix well.
- Mix the instant coffee with 3tbsp of water and add it to the bowl.
- Empty the muffin mixture in a grease muffin tray and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Leave the muffins to cool down.
- Gently cut their tops and put on a side. Mix the chocolate and cream cheese together and using a piping bag swirl some chocolate, add the lid and add more chocolate.
- Decorate as you wish and sprinkle some desiccated coconut.
I hope you guys like this recipe as much as we did. Stay tuned for more quick, easy and tasty recipes coming in the next few days. Meanwhile, enjoy your weekend and treat yourself with some delicious food. xx