Happy Wednesday guys! Recipe of the day is Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake – moreish & simply irresistible & it doesn’t even require baking!
It’s amazing how many things you can make from pumpkins ( apart from craving them) – desserts, soups, breads, appetizers, everything really. And considering the health benefits, they’re packed with vitamin A and vitamin C, they are just amazing!
If you’re interested I’ve done a round-up of my fav Pumpkin recipes here 15 Simple & Tasty Pumpkin Recipes
Let’s focus on the Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake now..
The recipe uses a few basic ingredients – digestive biscuits and butter for the bottom layer, cream cheese and pumpkin and then salted caramel on top, simple as that! I used shop-bought caramel sauce that I mixed with sea salt for the lovely salty flavoured caramel. If you prefer, you can make yours at home. Make sure to refrigerate it for a few hours before serving! It’s a real treat! 🙂
This Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake is actually quite similar to the Pumpkin Cheesecake
The second one is topped up with dark chocolate instead of the salted caramel and it’s still that moreish & irresistible. I honestly can’t say which one I prefer. I’d have both if I could! 🙂
Now that Christmas is fast approaching(a bit over 10 weeks!) I’m thinking these Pumpkin cheesecakes would make the perfect treat for friends and family when visiting. Not only they’re super simple(no baking!) but their taste will surely please your loved ones! 🙂
Don’t worry though, I’m planning lots of other simple & tasty Christmas recipes that are coming from November so make sure to subscribe if you haven’t done so! 🙂
Here’s what you need to make the Slated Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 300g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 150g butter, melted
- 300g pumpkin, cooked and pureed
- 400g cream cheese
- 200ml double cream
- 150g brown sugar
- 1tbsp cinnamon
- 1tsp nutmeg
- 1tsp cloves
- 150g caramel sauce(I used shop-bought but you can make your own)
- 2tbsp sea salt
- Combine the biscuits with butter and layer them on a springform cake tin covering the bottom with baking paper in advance.
- Whip the cream, cream cheese, pumpkin and seasoning together. Make sure to mix well.
- Pour over the biscuit layer and even the surface. Add the melted chocolate on top and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours.
- Combine the caramel sauce with sea salt.
- Finish with the salted caramel and leave for another hour in the fridge.
I hope you guys like this simple but delicious Pumpkin recipe. Make sure to stay tuned for more simple and tasty recipes coming in the next few days! xx