Happy Meatless Monday guys! Today’s recipe – MM: Zucchini Frittata – super simple recipe that is light, tasty and packed with veggies – perfect for these hot days, especially today!
It’s been really hot here recently! This is why I’ve been trying to make lighter meals, with lots of vegetables. We’ve also been stocking on lots of watermelon and cherries. Well, ice cream too (which is not really on the healthy side). To tell you the truth, I got myself some moulds for homemade popsicles but it seems I can never find the time to make some healthy lollies. Or, should I say I can’t organise myself. 🙂 How do you guys cope with the heat? Any tips are welcome. 🙂
What’s not to love about this time of the year. Plenty of delicious fruit and vegetables and hot and sunny weather. I know it is probably too hot for some of you but I enjoy it a lot (it’s not gonna last long I think). It would be awesome if we lived near a beach but the kids’ splash toys do a great job too. 🙂
Here’s how to make the Zucchini Frittata in no time
- 2 courgettes (zucchini), grated
- 7 eggs
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g mild Cheddar, grated
- 100g Parmesan, grated
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, add the Parmesan and Cheddar cheese and crushed garlic.
- Drain the grated zucchini gently by squeezing them in a towel. Add them to the egg mixture.
- Add the chopped pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease a baking tray with a bit of olive oil and pour in the mixture. Arrange the cherry tomatoes on top and place in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove and serve hot or cold.
So let’s go back to the recipe now. Did I mention how simple this was? I believe I did. Honestly, all you have to do is mix up all the ingredients together, pour the mixture into a baking tray and leave it to the oven. That simple! And the cooking is about 15-20 minutes. This recipe is perfect for a busy week dinner, whenever you’d like to prepare quick, tasty and healthy meal. Packed with vitamins and nutrients this Zucchini Frittata won’t disappoint, I promise. 🙂
I hope you guys like this recipe, give it a go, it’s quick, easy and delicious! 🙂 Stay tuned for more yummy Summer recipes coming very soon. xx