Happy Wednesday all! Recipe of the day is Sun-dried Tomatoes Pork Cups – succulent meat cups with scrambled eggs with feta cheese and sun-dried tomatoes – lovely breakfast idea or just a snack on the go!
It’s been a whole week without posting! It seems every time I try to be more organised and post regularly something gets on a way. And it’s usually something to do with the kids. In this case, it was chickenpox. At lest now it’s over though. Both of my kids had it, two weeks apart and while my older daughter was really lucky and barely had any blisters, my poor baby had it really bad. But again, I’m so glad it’s over now. Easter is coming so are my new recipes so stay tuned…
And the weather’s been amazing recently! It makes me think of some yummy Spring-inspired recipes. So lots of cooking planned ahead!
Anyhow, the recipe is here now so back to it…
This is and incredibly easy recipe made in a muffin tray. All you need is minced pork, sun-dried tomatoes and eggs and feta cheese. If you’re looking for a filling breakfast ideas this is for you. It’s cheesy, meaty and conveniently shaped in small cups ready to bite. 🙂
I had some pork mince leftovers and wanted to make some scotch eggs which I love but then I thought my kids are not keen on them so instead I made these pretty cups.
I’ve been using lots of sun-dried tomatoes lately and they go so well in my savoury recipes. Whenever I’d like to add more flavour to a meal I open my kitchen cupboard and ,especially recently, reach towards the sun-dried tomatoes. That’s why I always have a jar of these in my kitchen cupboard. 🙂
Here’s how to make the Sun-dried Tomatoes Pork Cups.
- 300g pork mince
- 1 egg
- 2tbsp breadcrumbs
- 7-8 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1tsp cumin
- 1tsp pepper
- salt to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl, combine the pork, egg, breadcrumbs and seasoning. Add a handful of fresh parsley and mix well.
- Grease a muffin tray and shape the mixture in small balls. Arrange them on the tray and press with your fingers to make a hole(so you can fill them in with the eggs mixture).
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the egg mixture - in a bowl, simply mix the eggs, cheese and sun-dried tomatoes together.
- Fill the pork cups wit the mixture and place back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until ready.
Hope you enjoy this quick and easy recipe! For more recipe ideas check out my page!