Happy Wednesday guys! The recipe of the day is quick and easy Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa and Beef.
It’s a delicious and very satisfying meal. Stuffed peppers have become one of our family’s favourite recipes. It seems they are always popular no matter what you stuff them with. 🙂 I usually make them with beef, pork and rice but this time instead of the rice I used quinoa. There was definitely a difference in the taste. You know, how quinoa adds a but nuttiness to the food. Well, it made the peppers really tasty and healthy.
The recipe is really basic and requires only a few ingredients but the taste is amazing. I love this version but if you’re a vegetarian or simply prefer a lighter version, use quinoa only or check below for some yummy vegetarian Stuffed Peppers recipes. I particularly like the ones with the cheese. Cheese is always good, the more, the better 🙂 And not to mention, they’re actually quite light and healthy so if you watch your diet, this is a good option. Probably without the Parmesan cheese though 🙂
Here’s what you need for these quick and easy Stuffed Peppers.
- 5-6 peppers, cut in halves
- 200g quinoa, cooked
- 300g beef mince
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp cumin
- 2tsp paprika
- 1tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat a pan with the olive oil and gently sweat the onion, garlic and carrots for about 10 minutes. Add a tiny bit of water so they’re not frying.
- Add the beef mince and quinoa and season with the spices. Stir the mixture well and cook for about 20 minutes or until ready, stirring occasionally. If necessary, add more water.
- Grease a baking tray and arrange the peppers on top. Start filling them with the beef and quinoa mixture. Place in the oven and leave for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top when serving.
Tip: For more Stuffed Peppers recipes check here:
Why not improvise and mix things up a little bit? You can use some leftover rice or simply cheese and veggies. That’s what I like in making Stuffed Peppers. You can basically put whatever you’d like and it’ll still taste good. But the ingredients that always work are definitely cheese, bacon, beef, pork, rice and quinoa. I mean, I’ve tried these and I loved them all. But there are much more to try, right! 🙂