Happy Eggplant Friday guys!
It’s been a week since my last post but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been working.
I’ve got some really interesting and delicious recipes coming up so stay tuned.
Also, as you might notice, my website’s been to a major transition and I do hope you like this new image. Well, there’s still quite a lot of work to be done, but step by step, right?
Did I say Eggplant Friday 🙂 As you already see this is to do with the recipe I’m sharing with you today. I might be a bit obsessed with these Mini Pizzas 🙂
So let’s focus on the recipe of the day – Eggplant or Aubergine, if you prefer Mini Pizzas. I topped them up with sun-dried tomatoes, which I love, Parmesan cheese and then a quail egg on top.
To be honest, I wasn’t really planning to use quail eggs but they were kind of sitting in front of me and asking to be used 🙂 And not only they are healthier than regular eggs but they’ve got in times more nutrients than chicken eggs. So these Eggplant Pizzas are kind of like Super Food Pizzas 🙂
The whole recipe was like one of those ‘clean my fridge’ recipes but it turned out soooo good, everybody loved it. And I used only one eggplant which was not enough at all.
Not only these Mini Eggplant Pizzas are super tasty, but they are also very pretty. I think they would be ideal for party canapes when you’d really like to impress your guests. In addition, they are gluten-free, so if you love pizza, but for some reason cannot have gluten, try these! You will absolutely love them!
Here’s what you need for these beautiful bites.
- 1 eggplant, thinly sliced
- 200g sun-dried tomatoes
- 100g Parmesan cheese, grated
- about 10 quail eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a baking tray and arrange the eggplant slices. Drizzle some olive and season with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and start topping them up. Start with the sun-dried tomatoes, add one or two, depending how big are your eggplant slices. Add the grated Parmesan cheese and then finish with a quail egg on top.
- Place back in the oven and cook for about 10 minutes or until ready. If wished, sprinkle some thyme.
Tip: Why not use the olive oil from the sun-dried tomatoes’ jar. Thus, you won’t waste anything and will add extra tomato flavour to your Mini Pizzas!
If you, like me love eggplants, why not check these recipes out, I promise thy are more than delicious: