Happy Thursday guys!
As the weather is getting colder and colder by the day we need some good comfort food to warm our souls! At least I need it:-) One of my most favourite comfort food are Meatballs. Now, there are different meatballs recipes which me and my family love but this one seems to be our favourite so far – Parmesan Meatballs. As you can tell, they’re very cheesy, very herby ( I love adding fresh herbs to all of my recipes, which by the way is getting really difficult as the snails in my garden feast on my herbs) and of course very meaty. I used half and half, beef and pork. I find it this way, the meatballs are not too dry or too greasy, they’re just perfect.
The only part I was not too keen on was the cooking. I do not like frying but luckily, it wasn’t long before they were cooked so it was all good. Actually, I think the prep time is longer than the actual cooking. Not that it takes long, the recipe is very simple, quick and easy to make. And the result is delicious meatballs – crispy on the outside, soft and cheesy on the inside.
Throw some roast veggies in the oven or a salad (potato salad goes really well with them) and have a bon apetit!
Here are the ingredients you need to make this recipe.
- 500g/1lb mince meat(50/50 pork and beef)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 150g/5oz Parmesan cheese, cut into small cubes
- 3tbsp golden breadcrumbs
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1tsp cumin
- a bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- sunflower oil for frying
- In a bowl, combine the meat, onion, parsley(add as much as you’d like), breadcrumbs and seasoning. Mix well and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Combine the Parmesan cubes with the mixture and start making the meatballs.
- Cook in a heated pan with some sunflower oil, turning them constantly for about 15 minutes, or until they’re done. It really depends on how big you’re gonna make them and whether you use gas or electricity. Either way, they’re ready when they turn golden. To be on the safe side, cut the first on in half and check whether it’s cooked. If it’s done, finish it and continue cooking the rest of them!:-)
Tip: Here are other Meatballs Recipes you can try: