Happy Monday all! I hope you are all having a great start of the week! Today’s recipe is not a vegetarian, but it’s so tasty I could not not share it with you Hasselback Zucchini with Crispy Bacon. And also, my MM recipe is not done yet.:) Life gets busy sometimes, I mean, really busy:-)
So, these are hasselback zucchini with bacon and Parmesan, or stuffed zucchini if you’d like( It’s amazing how many different ways to prepare zucchini are out there!)They’re quite naughty but really yummy so definitely worth the calories. Plus the fact that you’re actually having zucchini makes the recipe half healthy, if that makes sense at all:-) Probably not.
If you can, use pancetta, I definitely prefer cooking and eating pancetta, it’s just tastier and adds a different flavour to your meal. Combined with Parmesan, these two make the zucchini irresistible. They actually can make lots of thing delicious, you can never go wrong with cheese and bacon, can you!
I have to warn you though, they are not that irresistible when they’re cold. So make sure to eat them straight from the oven, if necessary reheat, but I wouldn’t advice so.
Mines were finished straight away so I did not have that problem.
I had them as an appetizer but they’re quite good as a main as they’re quite filling but at the same time light and fresh(thanks to the zucchini) or as a side.
Here’s what you need for these beauties.
- 3-4 zucchini
- 100g/3.5oz bacon or pancetta
- 100g/3.5oz grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/392°F.
- Make cuts into the zucchini so you can put the bacon, do not slice them all the way through though.
- Arrange the bacon into the cuts, season with salt and pepper and place in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove, sprinkle the Parmesan and cook for another 5 minutes so the cheese melts nicely.
- Serve hot!
Tip: If you’d like to stick with a vegetarian version why not try these Mozzarella & Gouda Cheese Zucchini Bites!