Happy Meatless Monday all!
As most children, my little one refuses eating anything green so I had to be more creative and try various options! (I don’t know where that came from, she used to be such a good eater! )And it turned out she actually loved these Spinach cups, without the cream cheese filling. Now she refuses to eat anything white, so I had to scoop out the cheese! Why are children so picky:) Obviously, I’m gonna need to find a way to make her eat some feta and yogurt. Isn’t it challenging being a mum:)
Anyways, these Spinach cups are absolutely one of my favourite cups or muffins, if you wish, and I love the cream cheese filling! They’re perfect for breakfast, as a side dish or just to have them on the go! I actually had them after I had lunch and didn’t stop till i finished the last bit! Kind of like savoury dessert!:)
Simple to make, and tasty to eat, here’s what you need for these delicious Spinach cups.
2tbsp sunflower oil
1 cup sour cream or yogurt
150g/5oz mushrooms, sliced
150g/5oz spinach, pureed
1tsp baking powder
100g/3.5oz cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/392°F.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, yogurt, oil and add the pureed spinach.
- Grease a muffin tray and start arranging a few sliced mushrooms on the bottom and side. Pour the spinach mixture halfway up and then add a tsp of the cream cheese. Add the spinach mixture so the mould is full. Repeat with the rest. You can add a few mushroom slices on the top too.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until ready.