Happy Friday all! It’s become a tradition to post a sweet treat for the weekend so here it is – Raspberry Cheesecake Cupcakes. Trust me, these are absolutely delicious and a real treat. I love how they combine cheesecake and a cupcake in one perfect bite. Isn’t that amazing? 🙂
I’ve been thinking about a raspberry cheesecake but at the same time wanted to kind of twist it and make it a bit different. And because of my love for cheesecakes and cupcakes, here’s the result – Raspberry Cheesecake Cupcakes. The ingredients are almost the same as for the cheesecake apart from the eggs. And there’s a bit of baking involved (usually I make my cheesecakes without baking). The result is super yummy, fruity and rich cupcakes or shall I say cheesecake cupcakes, not really sure how to call them.
And, of course, these were so simple to make, I’ll be definitely making them a lot, may be even trying some other flavours!
Here’s what you need for these Raspberry Cheesecake Cupcakes.
- 500g/1lb Mascarpone
- 200g/7oz fresh raspberries
- 300g/10z digestive biscuits, crushed
- 150g/5oz butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 1tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/392°F.
- Combine the biscuits with melted butter and layer them in a greased muffin tray(make sure you only put as much as to cover the bottom).
- In a bowl, combine the mascarpone, sour cream, eggs, sugar, flour and vanilla. Mix until the consistency is smooth enough.
- Place 3-4 raspberries and then add the cheesecake mixture on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until ready.
- Decorate with some extra raspberries and powder sugar on top, if wished.
Tip: Why not try adding some white chocolate into the cheesecake mixture? Or milk or dark, the one you love most, really. 🙂 That would make these bites pure indulgence!