|Mummy’s Fast & Easy
Here’s how to make the Eggplant, Tomato & Mozzarella Bake.
Meatless Monday: Eggplant, Tomato & Mozzarella Bake
- 2 eggplants, sliced
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes (about 400g each can)
- 400g mozzarella, sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2tbsp brown sugar
- 1tsp salt
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp oregano, dry
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/394°F.
- Dip the eggplant slices into the beaten eggs and arrange them on a greased baking tray. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- To prepare the tomato sauce - in a pot, empty the tomato cans, add the olive oil, salt, sugar and oregano. Mix well. Leave it on the hob for about 15 minutes.
- Finally - start arranging the baked eggplants, pour some of the tomato sauce and finish with the sliced mozzarella. Repeat and make one more layer.
- Sprinkle some more oregano on top and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until ready.