I can have paninis breakfast/lunch/dinner. They’re so tasty and juicy, I just can’t resist.
So, today I’m sharing the recipe for a messy caprese style paninis.
I stuffed them with so much goodies that at the end they looked so huge and messy, but really delicious.
For the filling I chose caprese salad – favourite summer salad, and to make it a bit different I added some portobello mushrooms.
Believe me, these taste so fresh and yummy you won’t be able to stop.
Here’s what you need.
- 4 mini ciabattas or any other Italian bread, cut in halves
- 200g/7oz mozzarella, sliced
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 1 tomato, slices
- a handful of basil leaves
- 50g/2oz butter
- Spread the butter on the ciabattas.
- Arrange the mushrooms, mozzarella, basil and tomato.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in a heated panini maker for about 5 minutes or until ready.
|Mummy’s Fast & Easy|
Tip: If you don’t have a panini maker, a grill will do the same job.