|Mummy’s Fast & Easy|
This recipe is for all of you who love barley, wheat, bulgur, quinoa, etc., and all other kinds of grains!
I’m a big fan of these, as they are not only healthy and nutritious, but they taste really good!
I cannot eat a certain food only because it’s healthy, it must taste really good!
So, If you’re convinced now, let’s discuss the recipe – red peppers, my favourite feta cheese, dill and salad dressing.
These simple ingredients add so much flavour to the pearl barley!
A bowl of this goodness will keep you going for quite a while and will give you the energy you need to be,or rather say keep being, a super Mum!:-)
Here’s what you need.
- 250g/9oz pearl barley
- 5-6 roasted peppers, chopped
- 200g/7oz feta cheese, crumbled
- a bunch of fresh dill, chopped
- To prepare the pearl barley – follow the instructions on the back of the pack. When ready, leave it to cool down.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peppers, dill and cheese. Add the barley and mix well.
- Pour over the dressing ingredients and stir well the salad.
- Serve with some extra lemon wedges.