Today’s recipe is delicious pastry rolls with minced beef, peas and lots of spices filling.
I love pastry, especially savoury pastry rolls and samosas, so this recipe is kind of combination of these.
One of the reasons I really like making pastry rolls is that you can choose your fillings – sweet or savoury you can adapt them to your taste!
And because I love spicy food, I made mine pastry rolls a bit spicy!;-)
Here’s what you need for them.
- 200g/7oz minced beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 100g/3.5oz frozen peas
- 1tbsp cumin
- 1tbsp black pepper
- 1/2tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 egg, beaten
- filo pastry(as much as you need)
|Mummy’s Fast & Easy|
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/392°F.
- Heat a pan with the olive oil, add the onions and carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the beef and peas. Mix well and add the seasoning – salt to taste, cumin, black pepper and chilli flakes. Stir well and leave for another 10 minutes. Leave to cool down.
- Prepare your pastry layers. Spoon the mixture on a layer, brush with the egg on the edges and roll. You can make rolls, triangle or whatever shapes you’d like and as big as you’d like. When all the pastry is done, brush them with the egg mixture and place on a grease baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden.
Tip: Why not have some veggie rolls instead – just omit the beef!-:)