Do you like chocolate?
And what about beetroot?
Well, I love them both so that is why I combined them into this super sweet cupcake recipe!
I have chosen some pink icing and pink dust so they looked really pretty!
|Mummy’s Fast & Easy|
Get creative and decorate them as you wish – I was even thinking to decorate them with some beetroot but to be honest, didn’t have the time.
Next time I will though!
Anyway, no matter how you decorate them, they will still be delicious!
Here are the ingredients.
- 1 beetroot, boiled and mashed
- 220g/8oz flour
- 200g/7oz sugar
- 120ml/half a cup sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 4-5 heaped tbsp good quality unsweetened cocoa
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1tbsp salt
- pink icing
- pink dust
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/374°F.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add the oil and eggs and mix well.
- Add the mashed beetroot. Mix gently.
- Spray a cupcake baking tray with some sunflower oil.
- Pour in the cupcake mixture and bake for about 35-40 minutes or until ready.
- Leave to cool down and decorate!