It seems this week is all about bulgur, couscous, quinoa and whatnot.
It’s definitely not on purpose.
It’s just I’ve been eating these super foods a lot lately. They give me so much energy and are so filling!
|Mummy’s Fast & Easy
I can’t say which one is my favourite though!I love them all!
Prepared with delicious veggies and a nice dressing they are just irresistible!
The other night I made quinoa salad with roasted peppers and avocado.
I was thinking to make more for the following day, and I did.
But nothing was left.:-)
It’s so amazing how these simple foods with a combination of just 2-3 other ingredients can be so tasty!
Here are the ingredients for my quinoa & roasted peppers salad.
|Mummy’s Fast & Easy|
- 300g/10.5oz quinoa
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 3-4 roasted peppers, roughly chopped
For the dressing:
- 2-3tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3tbsp olive oil
- Wash the quinoa and empty in a saucepan.
- Cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes or until ready and water is absorbed. Bear in mind that some types of quinoa might be prepared in a different was so always follow the instructions on the back of the pack.
- When ready, leave it to cool down.
- In a salad bowl, mix the salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients.
- Pour over the salad.
- Mix gently and serve!