Leek is definitely one of my favourite veggies to cook in the winter!
It is so heartwarming in the cold winter days!
I love it in tarts and pies with lots of cream!:-) Would love to cook a good leek soup as well.
Today’s recipe is simple, yummy and creamy!
The ingredients are broccoli, cauliflower and leek, of course.
What I did differently this time, though, is that I added a few cherry tomatoes for some juiciness!
I used ready to roll puff pastry which I love! All you have to do is just to roll it, instead of spending time making your owl puff pastry! Not that I disapprove that! It is quite time consuming, though and if you’re a busy mum, I’m sure your time is precious!:-)
|Mummy’s Fast & Easy|
So here’s a list of the ingredients for this creamy winter pie!
- 500g ready to roll puff pastry, 17.6oz
- 2 large leek (around 300g), sliced
- 100g broccoli florets, 3.5oz
- 100g cauliflower florets, 3.5oz
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes
- 200ml double cream, 2/3 of a cup
- 1egg yolk
- Preheat the one to 200°C/392°F.
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil and add the leek.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and add the broccoli and cauliflower florets.
- After about 5 minutes add the cherry tomatoes. I used them whole as I love their juiciness, but if you prefer you can cut them in half.
- Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Leave for 2 – 3 minutes and remove from the hob.
- Meanwhile, unroll the pastry.
- Divide it in two equal parts – one for the bottom and the other one for the top of the pie.
- Spray a loose base tart tin with some oil.
- Layer the first part of the pastry.
- Add the veggie mixture.
- Cover the pie.
- Brush the egg yolk and bake in the oven for about 30 – 40 minutes until nice and golden.