Last week I’ve decided to make some chicken skewers.
I have tried different marinades so I wanted to make something different.
I opened the kitchen cupboard and saw some sesame seeds.
This is how I decided to make the marinade. I combined the seeds, some dark soy sauce and honey.
And believe me, the result was amazing – succulent sticky chicken skewers!
Combine them with a choice of your favourite veggies – and there you go a perfect healthy dinner.
I, personally, used some mushrooms, courgettes and baby red peppers, oh and some leek!
Here’s what you need for the recipe.
- 800g boneless chicken thighs, cut into big chunks
- 1 courgette, cut int cubes
- 200g baby peppers
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- 1 leek, thickly sliced
For the marinade:
- 100g sesame seeds
- 100g honey
- 100ml dark soy sauce
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients.
- Add the chicken chunks.
- Mix gently, so all the pieces are covered with the marinade.
- Cover with cling film ad place in the fridge for an hour.
- Take the chicken out of the fridge and start arranging the skewers.
- Put one chicken piece, a mushroom, a pepper, then a chicken piece, slice of leek and courgette.
- You can arrange the skewers as you wish.
- Grill them for about 10 – 15 minutes or until ready.
|Mummy’s Fast & Easy|
Tip: You can even use different types of veggies if you don’t like the ones in this recipe! Just improvise!