What are your tricks to get your kids to eat their greens?
I have just started weaning my baby and she already dislikes everything green.
So I’m trying to mix her food up so the green is not so green.:-)
And I think it works perfectly!
The recipe I’m sharing today has spinach and peas.
These are certain ‘no no’s for kids but the way they are prepared are actually quite tasty.
I’m sure your kids will love these salmon fishcakes and wouldn’t realise how green they are (from the inside).
Don’t get me wrong, these are not kids fishcakes only.
I love them and can’t get enough of them. One of the best fishcakes recipes I have ever tried!
Here’s what you need.
|Mummy’s Fast & Easy|
- 700g salmon (I used cutlets, because that’s what I had at the moment), steamed and bones removed
- 200g spinach, steamed
- 150g peas, pureed
- 500g potatoes, mashed
- 50ml lemon juice
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 200g golden breadcrumbs
- 150g flour
- 300ml olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine the salmon, spinach, potatoes and peas.
- Season with salt and lemon juice.
- Blend the mixture.
- Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for an hour.
- Meanwhile, mix the breadcrumbs and flour in a shallow bowl.
- Heat a frying pan with the olive oil.
- Take the fishcake mixture out of the fridge and start making fish balls. Do not make them too big as it will take longer to cook.
- Dip them int the egg mixture and then coat with the flour mixture.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until golden.